Sunday 16 June 2013

what should i wear

Before I start putting together an outfit, I always make sure I think about what my wardrobe goals are for the occasion. Sometimes it helps to have a cheat sheet, so I put together a short list of a few basic ideas before I get started. It's really easy and sometimes it's all the inspiration I need to put together a great look.

The first thing I consider is the location of the event, you know...where am i going, what's the climate going to be like, where is the venue, what's the lighting like, the overall environment of where I'll be going.

After that I think about who's going to be there, it helps to know if I'm going to be around upscale people are just casual friends or family.

Third I consider what type of fabric I'll be wearing to the event and if it's appropriate. Wearing heavy wool to an interview mid July would be a big mistake don't you think?

This narrows down my selection of what I can wear just by going through those few steps but that's not the end of it. I also have to worry about how the remaining items fit, I wouldn't want to put on a dress only to find out it will drag on the ground or maybe an old jacket I loved just doesn't fit the same anymore. If it doesn't fit me right, I won't wear it.

I also have to keep in mind how much clothing I will have on because shows too much skin can be inappropriate depending on the event. Presentation matters, I should always look neat and my shirt should not be wrinkled. No scuffed shoes or missing heels here.

What should I wear, figuring this out made easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment